its really hard being a Hindu, because i wanna taste beef but i can’t because of religion. damn.
mY SKIN IS WHITE???
I’M NOT INDIAN???? I’VE NOT BEEN A HINDU FOR 16 YEARS BECAUSE MY PARENTS ARE ALSO HINDUS??
cAN I FINALLY STOP WORSHIPPING COWS?!?!?!!
why test on animals when there are prisons full of rapists
because the prisons aren’t actually full of rapists
the rapists run free and the prisons are full of people charged with weed possession
- Elimination of the special attribution of bizarre delusions and Schneiderian first-rank auditory hallucinations (e.g., two or more voices conversing) —> two Criterion A symptoms now required for any diagnosis of schizophrenia
- Addition of a requirement in Criterion A that the individual must have at least one of these three symptoms: delusions, hallucinations, and disorganized speech.
- The DSM-IV subtypes of schizophrenia (i.e., paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated, and residual types) are eliminated (whaaaaaaaaaaat)
- New dimensional approach to rating severity for the core symptoms of schizophrenia (well at least that’s a step in the right direction, I think)
- Requirement that a major mood episode be present for a majority of the disorder’s total duration after Criterion A has been met —> disorder now a longitudinal vs. cross-sectional diagnosis, making it more comparable to schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc.
- Criterion A for delusional disorder no longer has the requirement that the delusions must be nonbizarre
- The same criteria are used to diagnose catatonia whether the context is a psychotic, bipolar, depressive, or other medical disorder, or an unidentified medical condition, and all contexts require three catatonic symptoms (from a total of 12 characteristic symptoms)
- May be diagnosed as a specifier for depressive, bipolar, and psychotic disorders; as a separate diagnosis in the context of another medical condition; or as an other specified diagnosis.